Jalapeno and Peach Wings
2 pounds chicken wings both flats and drums
3 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons cup no sugar added peach preserves
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon extra light tasting olive oil extra-virgin works too
4 cloves garlic minced
1 jalapeño finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1. Season the chicken wings liberally with 2 teaspoons of the salt and the black pepper. Let the chicken wings rest for 30 minutes.
2. In a large bowl combine the peach preserves, olive oil, garlic, jalapeño, red pepper flakes and remaining teaspoon of salt and stir to combine well.
3. Remove 1/3 of the peach sauce from the batch and set it aside.
4. Add the seasoned wings to the remaining peach marinade and toss to coat well.
5. Fire up your grill and when it's ready place the wings directly over the heat and cook them for 15 minutes, flipping them every 3-5 minutes. Make sure they aren't burning! If they are getting to charred, move them a bit away from the heat.
6. Brush the remaining peach sauce over the wings, flip and cook for an additional minute and remove them from the grill.
7. Sprinkle the cilantro over top to serve.